January 2016 - Present | New Jersey
Summer Concert Series
Entertainment Specialist & Assistant to the Producer / Show Runner
The 87FSS Summer Concert Series is a series of five events that are free for our 40,000+ military members and families to give thanks and appreciation for all that they do. Our Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst community consists of the former McGuire Air Force Base, Fort Dix Army Installation, and Lakehurst Navy Engineering Station. With these concerts, we were looking to better reach all demographics within our diverse community and touch on many different genres of music.
Responsible for reaching out to talent booking agencies across the country and negotiating contracts, logistics, pricing, production, hospitality requirements, and ultimately choosing the acts; while staying within budget. While managing the annual entertainment budget, makes sure to maximize the value of performance and return of investment in quality of life for 10,000 participants. Remains on top of the minutia and detail from price research to talent agency follow-up, to escorting celebrities on site. Ensures that entertainment contracts are inclusive of what is initially negotiated and follows everything through until load out of the actual event. ( Acts include: Sara Evans, Asleep at The Wheel, Aubrie Sellers, Smash Mouth, Spin Doctors, Craig Morgan, Kansas, The Steppin Stones, Kool & the Gang, Reel Big Fish, the Plain White T's, Travis Tritt, Charlie Daniels Band, The Marshall Tucker Band, Eddie Money, Taking Back Sunday, & Less Than Jake).
Marketing & Publicity
87th Force Support Squadron, Marketing
Joint Base McGuire Dix Lakehurst
2015 – Present | New Jersey
*Social Media Director
The 87th Force Support Squadron (87FSS) is a key component in creating an exceptional quality of life on JB MDL through outstanding customer service, excellent programming, and just plain fun for the 40,000+ people who reside and work throughout the military mega-base that encompasses the former McGuire Air Force Base, Fort Dix Army Installation, and Lakehurst Navy Engineering Station.
Assists in determining marketing techniques and strategies to increase efficiency, enhance participation and increase financial income to FSS activities. Often suggests improvements to the workflow environment. Great-time management skills ensure the delivering of products well before deadlines. Very dependable in any task, regardless of how big or small.
● Online Marketing: Builds awareness of, and participation in, FSS activity programs, events, and services. Frequent use of computer based design applications to enhance online marketing and advertising. Maintains a strategic marketing calendar of postings for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, MyMC2 Phone Application, and SMS Texting Service for all FSS facilities and programs, as well as, the combined 2,000+ events they produce each year. Understands both the medium and the market, addressing the largest military demographic. Applies creative and timely, topical imagery messaging that solicits a consumer response. *Recently started working within the JB MDL Mobile Phone App
● Marketing Materials: From 2015 – 2017, spent every month making sure that all print marketing materials were updated and delivered to all facilities. (11,500 tri-folds, 300+ 11x17s, 100+ 22x28s distributed between 120 official military offices and 50+ 87FSS facilities.) Exhibits extraordinary attention to detail and often contributes a myriad of improvements to FSK projects. Fills in when necessary and assists in the training of new employees.
● Market Research: Conducts qualitative and quantitative market research, survey administration and on-site data collection using standard industry practice, computer software and/or instruments specifically developed for the use within FSS. Compiles monthly social media analytics while addressing strengths and finding solutions to weaknesses.
● Copywriting: Department’s “copywriter” - lends a tone that is attractive to our millennial consumer base (which makes up 70% of the FSS online audience). Edits submitted written material before posting throughout media, ensuring that each tone reflects the outlet at which it’s being posted.
● Fills in for Marketing Director when needed: 87ABW Stand Up – briefs ABW Leadership on upcoming base activities / 87FSS Staff Meetings – briefs FSS Flight Chiefs and Leadership
● Assists Marketing Director in: Focus Groups, Tele-con’s, Planning Meetings, Problem Solving, New Hires and Training
● Additional Duties: Part of the three-person key production lead team for the annual concert/festival series. Acts as an official photographer at various special events. Performs other related duties as assigned.
● 87FSS Team of the Quarter, Marketing, April – June 2015
● Coined by 87FSS Commander Randolph, 2015
● Coined by 87ABW Commander Thaden, 2016
● Coined by 87FSS Commander Cottrell, 2017
● Certificate of Appreciation, 5 Years of Service, 2017
● 87FSS Team of the Quarter, Marketing, April – June 2018
● 87MSG Team of the Quarter, Marketing, April – June 2018
*SMS Marketing System
Launched the base's first SMS Marketing System in October of 2015.
*VIP/Hospitality Coordinator & Photographer
June 2015 Summer Concert Series
Marshall Tucker Band Concert
*VIP Hospitality Coordinator & Photographer
July 2015 Summer Concert Series
Kevin Bacon and The Bacon Brothers Band
*Supporting Staff at the 2016 Open House and Air Show
Provided assistance in the Heritage Hangar for two days that was designated for non-profits and out-reach groups. Also acted as one of the official photographers. Over 400,000 people were in attendance each day over two days.
*Supporting Staff at the “Magnificent Seven” Screening
Providing assistance during the “Magnificent Seven” screening with the USO and Sony Pictures. Assisted with green rooms for Chris Pratt, Haley Bennett, and Antoine Fuqua. Also acted as an usher and mediator during the Q & A.
18th Force Support Squadron, Marketing
Kadena Air Force Base
May 2013 – November 2013 | Okinawa, Japan
Special Projects: Created a new campaign for the Air Force Club card (Save while you Play) and designed the ads, brochures, and posters. Ad for the Sea Side Café was accepted for the entire back page of Venture Magazine. Wrote and recorded radio commercials for Kadena’s Outdoor Recreation and the Route 66 café.
Photo Pop Philly
Summer 2018 - Philadelphia, PA
Photo Pop Philly is the first interactive pop-up exhibit of its kind in Philadelphia. Inspired by the history of Philadelphia and the American spirit, Photo Pop’s inaugural theme is red, white, and blue. Guests will make their way through five different rooms filled with interactive displays by many talented local artists. They will find selfie-worthy art, impactful murals, fun installations, and an endless amount of photo opportunities! The thoughtfully curated pop-up will come to life through the unique perception of our hometown artists:
Get Up Art
Kara Khan's Pop Up Poloroid
These Pink Lips
*Curated by Philly PR Girl, Sponsored by Visit Philly and Goldman Properties, in Partnership with WAWA Welcome America, Hoffman Design, Blue Edge, and Brian's Harley-Davidson.
Philly PR Girl
May 2017 - August 1, 2017 | Greater Philadelphia Area
Specializing in social media, events, and public relations.
Philly PR Girl
June 2015 - June 2016 | Greater Philadelphia Area
"Philly PR Girl is a full-time public relations firm for event planning, social media management, marketing, and promotions. Our company was built on the foundation of networking and relationship-building. Owner Kate Marlys has planned, facilitated and attended hundreds of networking events, resulting in a strong and dynamic network of contacts in digital, print, TV, and radio throughout the United States. With an emphasis on organic branding and powerful online communications, our team brings winning strategies, forward-thinking implementation, and endless energy to non-profits and businesses of all sizes on both a local and national scale." via www.phillyprgirl.com
*For writing samples, click here.
Blogger & Artist
January 2011 - Present (3 years 6 months) • Okinawa, Japan
Social Media Coordinator & Writer (Intern)
Philly PR Girl
April 2015 – September 2015 | Greater Philadelphia Area
*Clients included beauty & non-profits.
*VIP/Social Media Coordinator
Sons of Ben Movie Premier - June 2015
Graham High School
Class of 2009
University of Alaska
2010 - 2011
University of Maryland University College - Asia
2011 - 2012
Rowan College at Burlington County
2015 - 2018
A.A. Psychology, 3.8 GPA
2018 - 2021
B.A. Psychology, Business Concentration